What is a Parents’ Forum?
The Parents’ Forum aims to discuss a range of issues and offer opinion on a variety of subjects relating to school life. Although not a decision making body, the forum has an opportunity to influence decisions through an open dialogue with either the Headteacher or another senior leader within the school. The forum meets on a monthly basis and items are very open and can be suggested by the parents/carers and by the school. It is a genuine attempt to seek views of parents/carers and develop a stronger partnership, by improving understanding through communication.
The forum will aim to achieve the following outcomes …
- To listen to the voice of Robartes ACE Academy Parents/Carers
- For parents’/carers’ views to impact on school life
- To have discussions with Parent Forum members once a month
- To receive information about the school and its activities
- To participate in deciding how the Parent Forum operates
- To identify issues Parents/Carers want the Parent Forum to work in the school
- To work in partnership with the staff
- To enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way they can.
Please feel free to join Robartes Parents’ Forum for an informal chat over a cup of coffee – check the diary for the next meeting.
Summary of Matters Raised and Action Points